How often should we calibrate the instrument?
The operator is not required to perform an instrument calibration. The system performs its own internal calibration upon warm-up, once each hour the instrument is on, and before sample analysis.
To ensure proper calibration, always change the trapping cartridge when prompted by the system.
What are the proper environmental conditions for installation and operation?
- Indoors (protected from direct sunlight).
- 15°-30°C (free from rapid temperature change).
- Do not store near a vent or window. If stored near a window be sure to locate the instrument not less than 15 cm away.
- Dust-free environment.
- Good ventilation around the exhaust joints (at least 6-inch clearance around all sides).
- Do not permit vibration of instrument or supporting surface.
What type of preventative maintenance is recommended?
- Keep the instrument in a dust-free environment, and off the floor.
- Change the O-rings every 1000 patient samples or when prompted by the system.
- Change the trapping cartridge when prompted by the system.
- Turn the system off when not in use.
When we don't use the POCone for a certain period of time, is there anything that we need to be aware of, in terms of the maintenance contract and regular maintenance?
Yes, if the device has been off during the non-use period, when turned on, the unit will go through 2 self-diagnosis routines. During the self-diagnosis routines, the instrument's components are evaluated; if during this time, the components do not meet required specifications, then a warning, caution, or error message will occur. After a warning, caution, or error message is displayed, you will not be able to continue with testing until the problem is resolved. If a repair is needed you should notify OAPI Customer Service for servicing. While in use, regular maintenance should be performed at least once a year.
What is the recommended Quality Control Procedure for the instrument?
It is recommended to run a reproducibility test on the instrument at least once a month. This is a 20-minute test that measures the overall stability of the instrument. Please see pages 7-23 and 11-4 of the POCone Instruction Manual for test specifications. You may also call OAPI Customer Service at 1-888-637-38351-888-637-3835 for more information. See below for evaluation criteria.
Evaluation criteria for the reproducibility tests:
- The light intensity ratios are between 1.00 and 1.15
- The average delta over baseline (DOB) +/- 0.3‰
- The S.D. is less than 0.3
The instrument has internal electronic monitoring systems. During the 10-minute warm-up phase the instrument conducts 2 self-diagnostic routines (tests) to determine the overall stability of the instrument. If one of these tests is judged to be out of specifications, the system will display a warning, caution, or error message, and will not allow the system to measure any samples. In addition, if any abnormalities are found during sample analysis, the system will not continue to measure the sample and will display a warning, caution, or error message.
When using the POCone close to a cellular phone, cordless phone, or X-ray device, does this affect the measurement data?
There is a strong possibility that an X-ray device may affect the instrument, therefore affecting the data. Store the instrument in a place free from strong magnetic or electric fields.