BreathTek UBT is the only UBT approved for use in children ages 3 to 17 years
NASPGHAN* and ESPGHAN† recommend use of the UBT to confirm eradication of H. pylori infection in children1
94% of a joint NASPGHAN and ESPGHAN panel strongly agreed that the 13C-UBT is a reliable noninvasive test to determine H. pylori eradication2
*North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
†European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
Confirming eradication is important because of:
- Poor adherence with medications3
- Reinfection due to intrafamilial transmission3
- Increasing antibiotic resistance1
- In children treated with standard H. pylori therapy, eradication rates have been decreasing over time, in part because of increased antibiotic resistance1
- Data suggest high rates of H. pylori antibiotic resistance in some pediatric populations1,4